Everest Base Camp - Kalapathar Trekking
Everest Base Camp - Kalapathar trekking is a very popular in Everest Region. The Everest Kalapathar trekking takes you to the base camp of Mount Everest and climb the Kalapathar Peak for the superb views of Mount Everest and other several peaks. We begin ascent of Kalapathar from Gorakshep (5,164 m) which is the base camp of Mt. Everest expedition. It takes us normally between 1.5 and 2 hours to reach Kalapathar.
With eight of the world's ten highest peaks, Nepal is enriched with spectacular mountains vistas. EBC trek - Kala Patthar is justifiably famous, not only for its proximity to the world's highest Mt.Eeverest (8848m), Nuptse,Ama dablam,Thamserku,Pumori but also to experience hospitality of friendly Sherpa people, cultures and traditions. During the trekking you will visit picturesque villages, meet the local people and attend different colourful festivals held in monasteries. The flora and fauna are other attractions of the Sagarmatha National Park. The story of the yeti in the Khumbu region is still a mystery to the whole world. During trekking through Khumbu Glacier, Gorak Shep, you will be amazed with some of the most dramatic landscapes. Trekking to Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar is considered one of the adventurous one in the Himalayas as you cross high mountain passes, glaciers and make several ascents and descents.
From there, a five to ten minute scramble over boulders takes one to the top, which is marked with prayer flags. If the attempt is made starting from Lobuche, an additional two to three hours (one way) is required.
>Guided tour to the World Heritage Sites
>Exhilarating mountain flight to/from Lukla
>Walk through patches of birch and rhododendron forest
>Spectacular views of Everest & other snowy peaks from Kalapathar
>Unique Sherpa cultural experience
>Visit enchanting Tengboche monastery
TRIP DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla & trek to Phakding.
Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3450m)
Day 03: Rest day and excursion to Khumjung (3790m.) Monastery.
Day 04: Trek to Thyangboche (3870m)
Day 05: Trek to Pheriche (4200m.)
Day 06: Trek to Lobuche (4910m.)
Day 07: Trek to Gorak Shep (5545m.)/ Kalapathar / Gorak Shep (5140m.)
Day 08: Trek to Dingboche (4410m.)
Day 09: Rest day in Dingboche.
Day 10: Trek to Chhukhung.
Day 11: Trek to Thyangboche.
Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazaar.
Day 13: Trek to Lukla.
Day 14: Fly Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Arrival/departure transfers
- Welcome drinks and trekking orientation
- 3 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Domestic Flight Kathmandu- Lukla-Kathmandu
- TIMS card
- Sagarmatha National Park permit fee
- Accommodation in teahouse (lodge) on twin sharing basis on trekking
- Breakfast / Lunch / dinner on the trek
- A Professional English speaking trekking guide
- 1 porter for 2 people (each porter can carry only 15 kg luggage)
- Trekking staff wages, insurance, meals, transportations and allowances
- Group medical supplies (First Aid kit)
- Government and local taxes
- International airfare
- Nepal Entry Visa and Visa extension fee
- Monuments entry fee in Kathmandu
- Single supplement in Kathmandu
- Lunch / dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation costs
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water/boiled water), laundry
- Camera/cell phone battery charge while on trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Donation & tips etc
- Any other services not specified in the ‘Cost includes’
- Duration14 Days
- Altitude5545 M