Everest Expedition via South Face
Everest is the highest peak in Himalayas in the world. In Nepali it is called Sagarmatha and in Tibetan/Sherpa language it is called Chomolungma. The Southeast Ridge of Mt Everest in Nepal side is called the South face Route, and the Northeast Ridge or the North Col Route in China’s autonomous state ofTibet is called North Face Route. Both these routes are considered the normal climbing routes. The royalty of Everest Expedition from Tibet Side (North Face) is lower than from Nepal Side (South face).
The name Everest was given to this highest peak to honor Sir George Everest who used to work in Great Trigonometric Survey of British India as British Surveyor. In 1865 the mountain was given its official English name Everest by the Royal Geographical Society.
Sir George Everest was the first person in the world who officially measured the height of Mt.Everest. Before discovering the height it was known as Peak XV, assuming the height of the mountain at 29,002 ft (8,840 m).
Climbing to Everest requires lot of courage as one has to encounter dangers such as altitude sickness, weather, wind as well as significant objective hazards from avalanches and the Khumbu Icefall. While the overwhelming majority of climbers use bottled oxygen in order to reach the summit, some climbers reach the top of Everest without using bottled oxygen.
There were some British mountaineers who attempted to reach Everest's summit via Tibet side before late Sir Edmond Hillary and late Tenzing Norgay Sherpa climbed the summit for the first time in May 29, 1953 from Nepal side.
Nepal Everest Trek and Expedition provides all necessary infrastructures for Mt. Everest expedition from Nepal side. We will do the necessary paperwork for expedition permits; organize all accommodations before and after expedition. We will organize camp facilities, transport, cargo shipment, and set up high camps, fix ropes, provide high altitude food, high quality tents, oxygen, satellite telephone, Wake Talkie set, etc. at the most competitive price according to the group size of the expedition team.
Our team of Sherpa climbers and support staff are fully qualified, well trained in mountaineering, and know how to handle any situation during the expedition..
TRIP DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Preparation day & briefing about the trek/climb.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2840m.) (39min) & trek to Phakding (2610m.) (3hrs)
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m.) (5hours)
Day 05: Excursion around Namche Bazaar / Khumjung (3790m.)
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3837 m.) 5hrs
Day 07: Tengboche to Dingboche (4260m.) 5hrs
Day 08: Rest at Dingboche for acclimatization and excursion
Day 09: Dingboche to Lobuche (4930 m.), 6 hrs
Day 10: Lobuche to Kala Patthar via Gorakshep
Day 11: Trek to & from Everest Base camp (5545 m)
Day 12-55: Mount Everest Climbing period
Day 56: Trek to Pheriche(4240 m)
Day 57: Pheriche to Tengboche (3860 m.) 4 hrs
Day 58: Tengboche to Monjo
Day 59: Monjo to Lukla
Day 60: Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 61: Kathmandu city Sightseeing
Day 62: Final departure
- Arrival & departure Airport transfers
- 4 Nights hotel accommodation Kathmandu with breakfast
- Domestic flights for Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
- 1 Liaison officer for Mt. Everest Base Camp (South face)
- Domestic flights tickets for one Liaison officer
- Domestic flights tickets for climbing crew
- Medical and rescue insurance for Liaison officer and climbing crew
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu City
- Climbing permit for Mt. Everest Base Camp (South face)
- 1 Liaison officer's salary, food & equipments
- Climbing Sherpa
- Climbing crew salary, food and climbing equipments
- Food during lodge trek
- Expedition cargo to/from Kathmandu – Lukla - Kathmandu (max. 20 kg per person of personal equipment)
- Food at Mt. Everest Base Camp (South face)
- Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar
- Garbage Deposit
- Nepal entry visa
- Personal travel, medical and rescue insurance
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Emergency Oxygen, Mask and regulator
- Walkie-talkie to connect Base Camp with Altitude Camps
- Gamow bag life in case of altitude sickness
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- High Altitude Food, canned foods Chocolates etc. in Mt. Everest Base Camp (South face)
- Members Tent, Climbing Sirdars Tent, during the Climb
- Epi Gas, Gas Burner for Mt. Everest Base Camp (South face) during the climb
- Climbing Members personal equipments
- Extra cargo for climbing member's Personal equipments and other necessary camping gear including food's and tents
- Climbing rope
- Personal high - altitude Sherpa
- Mt. Everest Base Camp (South face) summit bonus for climbing Sherpa
- Tips for Staff
- Duration62 Days