Family Holiday Trek with Children in Nepal
Some families think of doing trek with their children in Nepal, but they are concerned about the safety of their children. Nepal Everest Trek has a special trained trekking staff to organize the family trip with children in the mountainous region. We provide our porters with bamboo baskets to carry the children with ease and full of care. We have designed some trekking itineraries exclusively for those families with young children of the age group 4-10 years old to explore the rural areas and experience traditional lifestyle of the villagers. The itinerary is easy – going, safe and well- secured.
If you decide to hike along a trail in a mountainous region, camping out at night or staying in lodges, you will be guided and your luggage is carried by our porters.
In Kathmandu you visit the ancient monuments , heritage sites and the busy and colourful local market. Then, you fly to Pokhara where you enjoy the spectacular Himalayas , garden, visit the caves and waterfalls and go for boating on the Phewa lake. In Pokhara you visit through the lovely market, along the lake, enjoy great meals and play with your kids. Then, we take you for a three day easy trek to the Annapurna foothills. The mountain sceneries during the trekking is quite superb. The lodges on the trek offer standard facilities, though not luxury and food is continental to Nepali DAL/BHAT which you can choose from an a la carte menu.
After Pokhara we drive you on our private vehicle to Chitwan national park, situated at a lowland Terai and stay in an safari resort in the park .There you enjoy elephant back safari , bird watching , canoe ride , elephant breeding centre visit( can see several baby elephants too),observe elephant bathing program etc.. Asian rhinos, different species of deer, crocodiles, boars, peacocks etc are among the animals seen in the natural habitat. This is a highly enjoyable and recommended family holiday with us.
TRIP DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing tour of Swoyambhunath, Kathmandu Durbar square & Bouddhanath stupa
Day 03: Early morning flight to Pokhara. Short tour around Pokhara visiting the waterfall, a cave and boating on the lake
Day 04: Drive to Naya Pul & trek to Ghandruk( 2000m) uphill walk with stone steps to climb
Day 05: Trek to Deurali/ Pothana 1600 m
Day 06: Trek to Dhumpus Phedi, & drive to Pokhara (Over night at Pokhara hotel)
Day 07: Drive Pokhara to Chitwan National Park, check- in Safari Resort
Day 08: Full day Safari activities
Day 09: Fly back Chitwan to Kathmandu, stay on your own.
Day 10: Final departure
Note: This is just a tentative itinerary. This trip can be customized as per the specific requirements or interests of your family.
- Arrival/departure transfers
- Welcome drinks and trekking orientation
- 3 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Flight from Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan - Kathmandu and Land transport with Sightseeing
- Accommodation in teahouse (lodge) on family sharing basis on trekking
- Breakfast on the trek
- A Professional English speaking trekking guide
- 1 porter for 2 people (each porter can carry only 15 kg luggage)
- Trekking staff wages, insurance, meals, transportations and allowances
- Group medical supplies (First Aid kit)
- Government and local taxes
- International airfare
- Nepal Entry Visa and Visa extension fee
- Monuments entry fee in Kathmandu
- Single supplement in Kathmandu
- Lunch / dinner in Kathmandu and on trek
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation costs
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water/boiled water), laundry
- Camera/cell phone battery charge while on trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Donation & tips etc
- Any other services not specified in the ‘Cost includes’