Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trekking
The Langtang-Gosainkunda Helambu region is a collection of Sherpa Valleys north of Kathmandu, close to the Tibetan border. The rough road now reaches as far as Dhunche,Sybru Besi only a day’s drive from Kathmandu. Yet, despite this, Langtang remains a relatively less trekked area. Bill Tilman, a famous explorer and climbing partner of Eric Shipton, described Langtang as one of the world’s most beautiful valleys. We exit by passing the holy lake of Gosainkunda and crossing the Laurebina La (4100m). Here, you will have excellent view into Tibet and meet Hindu pilgrims before gradually dropping down the ridges and driving back to Kathmandu from Melamchi Bazaar.
>An ideal trek to visit highland Sherpa villages of Helambu
>Cross over different high mountain passes
>Encounter Tamang, Sherpa & Yalmo culture
>Enjoy spectacular views of Langtang Himal, Jugal Himal & Mt.Gaurishanker
>Experience Buddhist culture, religion & lifestyle
TRIP DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01:Drive Kathmandu to Dhunche
Day 02:Trek to Thulo Syabru (2210m
Day 03:Trek to Lama Hotel
Day 04:Trek to Kyanjing Gompa (3730m)
Day 05:Rest Day (Local Exploration)
Day 06:Trek to Lama Hotel (2340m)
Day 07:Trek to Thulo Syabru (2210m)
Day 08:Trek to Shin Gompa (3584m)
Day 09:Trek to Gosainkunda Lake (4380m)
Day 10:Gosainkunda (Rest Day Local Exploration)
Day 11:Trek to Ghopte (3430m)
Day 12:Trek to Melamchi Gaon (2530m)
Day 13:Trek to Tarkeghyang
Day 14:Trek to Sermathang
Day 15:Trek to Melamchi Bus Park
Day 16:Drive Melamchi to Kathmandu
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Drive in/ Drive out
- Trekking permit and National Park entry permit fees
- Accommodation at lodges while on trek.
- English speaking licensed holder trekking tour leader.
- All programs according to itineraries on full board basis.
- Nepali staff wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Personal spending money & all bar bill
- Items of personal nature ie. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc
- International Airport Departure Tax
- Personal Insurance
- Emergency rescue
- Duration16 Days