Yala Peak Climbing
Yala Peak is an easy trekking peak in the Langtang Region of Nepal. It is a part of the Langtang Himal. The summit is a triangle shaped consisting of boulders and snow. The summit is surrounded by steep drops. The views from the summit are amazing. Langtang Lirung (7246m), lies to the West. To the North is the 6500m border mountain of Yansa Tsenji. To the North East is the high Shalbachum glacial valley, the beautiful and steep Morimoto Peak (6750m) and in the background, the huge mass of Shishapangma, the only 8000m mountain located in Tibet. To the East is the Langtang valley, Langshisa Ri (6800m) and Ganchenpo, and to the South, Naya Kanga and the snow-clad Ganja La pass is all seen from the summit.
Climbing trip to Yala peak starts from the Dhunche or Syabru Bensi. Upon reaching the Syabru Bensi; we trek for 3-4 days and reach the beautiful Langtang valley. Here, we spend one extra day to enjoy the natural beauty of the valley. Then, we continue our trek and make ascent to Yala Peak from Kyangjin Gompa (3749m), which is located beneath Mt Langtang Lirung (7246 m). We stop at Kyangjin Gompa for three days for acclimatization making short day excursion around the area. On the third day, we climb up slowly to a meadow located at 4800 meters above the sea-level and set up a base-camp of Yala peak. The next day early morning we climb the Yala Peak using ice, axe and rope during the final 300 meters ascent as the trail is covered by snow. From the peak, you can get wonderful views of Shishapangma (8046 m), Gangchempo (6388 m), Dorje Larpa (6990m.), Langtang Ri (6370m.), Langtang Lirung (7245m.) and some other mountains of Tibet.
After summiting the peak we walk down to the base camp and follow the same route. The upper part of the route is beautiful with the panoramic views of mountain and lush vegetation. We descend to Syabrubeshi village mainly inhabited by Tamang community. Here, you will experience Tibetan lifestyle and culture.
Yala peak climbing is non-technical. Prior climbing experience is not required, however, some outdoor experience and average level of physical fitness is a must.
TRIP DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Preparation day for permits and Kathmandu sightseeing
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Dhunche (1966 m)/8 hrs
Day 04: Trek from Dhunche to Syabru Gaon (2581 m)/5 to 6 hrs
Day 05: Trek from Syabru Gaon to Lama Hotel (2470 m)/5 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Langtang village via Ghore Tabela (3430 m)/6 hrs
Day 07: Trek from Langtang Village to Kyangjin (3870 m)/3 hrs
Day 08: Rest day at Kyangjin Gompa and excursion in and around.
Day 09: Trek from Kyangjin Gompa to Yak Kharka/5 hrs
Day 10: Trek from Yala Base Camp/4 hrs
Day 11: Climb to Summit of Yala peak and back to Yak Kharka/8 hrs
Day 12: Trek from Yak Kharka to Kyangjin Gompa/4 hrs
Day 13: Trek from Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel/6 hrs
Day 14: Trek to Syabrubesi via Sherpa Gaon/5 hrs
Day 15: Drive from Syabru bensi to Kathmandu by bus/9 hrs
Day 16: Departure transfer to airport
- Airport pick up and transfer by car, van or bus as per group size
- Three nights' hotel accommodation with breakfast in Kathmandu
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb with tea or coffee
- Yala peak climbing permit fee
- Tea house accommodation during the trek and tented camp during climb
- Government licensed holder English speaking guide during the trek and climb, require porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, transportation, accommodation, salary, equipment & insurance
- General climbing equipment such as rope, ice screw, snow bar
- Overland drive Kathmandu-Dhunche/Syabru bensi-Kathmandu
- Duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trip
- First aid medical kit
- Langtang National Park permit
- TIMS fee
- Government taxes & office service charge
- International Airfare
- Nepal entry multiple visa
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Emergency rescue by helicopter
- Garbage deposit fee US$ 250.00 (Refundable)
- Personal expenses for alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry etc
- Personal trekking and climbing equipment.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on price includes section
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Duration16 Days